Our ESG approach
Clariane’s ESG strategy aims to improve the Group’s social and environmental impact, by ensuring that it operates in line with its values and takes account of its internal and external stakeholders’ expectations.
The 5 components of our ESG strategy
This strategy is broken down into five strategic and operational areas inspired by the Group’s corporate project. It is translated operationally into action plans, investments and objectives at Group, country and facility level.
Ensure excellence in care while respecting the dignity and freedom of choice of each individual
Be a leading employer
Contribute to the search for innovative solutions for a more inclusive society
Be a committed and responsible local player
Reduce our environmental fooprint
Our 15 ESG targets for 2023
CSR has been a key component of the Group’s strategy since 2017, when the Group’s first materiality matrix of ESG issues was launched. Clariane defined an ambitious ESG roadmap in 2019, with 15 targets for 2023, and reports annually on its progress.
1. Ensure excellence in care while respecting the dignity and freedom of choice of each individual
- 100% “Positive Care” facilities by 2023
- 100% of facilities ISO certified by 2023
- One ombudsman per country & definition of a customer charter by 2023
2. Be a leading employer
- Maintain and increase average seniority
- 10% of employees taking part in skills training by 2023
- 50% women in top management by 2023 (+10%)
3. Contribute to the search for innovative solutions for a more inclusive society
- 1% of the Group’s net income dedicated to philanthropic actions
- Stakeholder Council in each country by 2023
- 5 scientific publications per year
4. Be a committed and responsible local player
- 70% of purchases made locally and 20% with SMEs
- 100% of sites involved in a project with local communities by 2023
- Local and family committees in 100% of facilities by 2023
5. Reduce our environmental fooprint
- Deployment of the low-carbon roadmap
- 5% reduction in residual waste generation by 2023
- All new buildings with HQE or equivalent certification
Support for the United Nations Global Compact and contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Since 2019, Clariane has affirmed its commitment to supporting the 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact with regard to human rights, international labour standards, environmental protection, and anti-corruption. In July 2022, Clariane submitted its Communication on Progress (COP) to explain and measure the progress made in the previous year and demonstrate this progress to its stakeholders. This COP has qualified for the Advanced Level of the Global Compact, which recognises that Clariane has adopted best practices in the areas of governance, management, and ESG reporting.
A concordance table between the Group’s 15 ESG commitments and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can be downloaded below.