Find out the latest information on inspections carried out by the public authorities.
Update on the number of DGCCRF inspections
Like all operators, the facilities in our retirement home network are regularly inspected by the French General Directorate for Competition Policy, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control (DGCCRF) as part of its duties.
Over the past three years, from 2020 to today, 59 inspections have taken place, none of which have resulted in a financial penalty.
Over the last three years, some of our retirement homes have indeed received requests for one or more compliance measures, concerning the following points in particular:
- Carry out a systematic inventory of fixtures at the time of entry and exit;
- Update the facility’s website when services are temporarily unavailable (e.g. balneotherapy work);
- Regularly update the welcome booklet with the proposed activities/mealtimes in the operating rules;
- Provide the price list in the appendix of the residence contract in addition to the prices listed in the special conditions of this residence contract;
- Specify the characteristics of the rooms (range, surface area, exposure) on the display board;
- Regularly update the prices on the CNSA website.
The facilities concerned have all been the subject of a dedicated action plan and, where necessary, proof of compliance is proactively sent to the supervisory authority.
Transparency of contracts
Some of the changes made to the residence contracts under the Transparency Decree were already applied within Korian (deposit, security deposit, basic/additional services).
As for the other measures, they will be integrated into our new versions of the residence contracts applicable from 1 January 2023 (deduction for absence, invoicing in the event of a room being vacated, integration of laundry services into the basic rate).